Many individuals date with the goal of entering a long-term partnership. That isn’t the only way to approach dating, however. Embracing a short term relationship is entirely feasible, and could even be preferable.
There can be several drawbacks of short-term dating. However, if you’re not used to this form of dating, it may be a little perplexing. Understanding what short term relationship is all about will help you decide if it’s the best approach for you right now.
What is Dating for a short term relationship?
A short term relationship, as the name suggests, is dating with the aim of expanding the relationship into a long-term relationship. There are several different short-term dating setups, including a friends-with-benefits example, a holiday-only fling, and a relationship that lasts for a few months.
The below are some of the benefits of short-term dating:
- The chance to do new things and learn more about yourself as a result.
- Despite not being emotionally ready to commit to a long-term relationship.
- you will interact with another person. Minimal burden of dating and you do not place emphasis on where the relationship goes
- The ability to date multiple types of individuals who you do not see as long-term material partners
- After a divorce or a tough phase in life, it will help you recover your faith and curiosity about dating.
Is it Safe to Date for a Brief Amount of Time? Success Tips.
For certain persons, short-term dating is a different experience. For everyone, it’s not perfect. However, if it happens to be the best match for you at this moment, you should continue with caution. Here are six pointers for short-term dating success:
- Get yourself straight on what you want. It’s important to understand why you’re doing this and what attracts you to it. If you don’t know what you want, a short term relationship will make your feelings dirty.
- Make sure you’re enjoying safe sex. Short-term dating also involves not being limited to you and/or your girlfriend. As a result, practising safe sex is especially important.
- Keep a diary. A perfect way to discover your own desires, needs, feelings, and opinions is to have short-term relationships. During this time, keep a diary to help you focus.
- Give it a priority to respect. Only because this is a short-term matter doesn’t mean you can’t harm the emotions of the other party. Keep it a mission to support yourself and your partner.
- Stay related to friends of yours. Your short-term relationship will have a lot of perks, but it will never be able to replace your long-term friendships. Let them not slip by the wayside. That’s where you’ll find legitimate, continuing assistance.
- Get some fun. Relationships are difficult jobs. One of the drawbacks of short-term dating is that you will simply enjoy yourself. Mind and welcome that.
With short-term partners, what do I share?
Since the emphasis and ambitions of short-term and long-term dating are so dissimilar, the actions in the relationship should be as well. In fact, what you can share with short-term partners is minimal relative to what you can share with a future long-term partner.
Since this relationship isn’t supposed to last, you may want to reveal less about yourself, limiting your vulnerability. Although this may not involve sharing every single information about yourself, it does imply that you might choose to share with short-term partners some things. There are some of them:
- Your ability to maintain this short-term and what it actually suggests to you
- Your STI status, and how to keep it secure for anyone involved, whether or not you have sex with other people.
- The limits in this relationship that you need to set If your feelings change throughout the relationship.
- You’ll need to update your records.
Read also: Anxiety after breakup, 4 Tips to Find Your Calm Read also: Fake relationship, real relationship and how to differentiate them!