In spite of the types of decisions that the manager in the organization takes in one day of work, there are a set of factors that affect decision-making that increase its difficulty and cost, so the management must take into account these factors and think about them.
Factors for the success of the decision-making process
Some administrators state that for the success of the decision-making process, the decision-makers must take into account the following matters:
- Determine the goal required to reach it accurately.
- Explain the dimensions of the decision and the reasons for making it to all employees. And provide a brief explanation to the concerned subordinates about the justifications for taking the decision.
- The right timing for decision making.
- The clarity of the decision content for the implementers is far from complex.
- Be courageous and not be afraid to make a decision under the pretext of various changes.
- Choose the alternative that offers the lowest risk.
- Decision-making commensurate with the resources available to be managed.
- Paving the way for the decision taken and not just issuing it.
- Determining the powers, duties, and specializations of all teachers in the school, including school agents, student counselors, superintendents, librarian, and laboratory records, and determining the responsibility of each person for his responsibilities helps prevent duplication and also helps to divide work as an important principle of management.
- Follow up on the results of decisions so that the results do not deviate from what is required to be achieved.
- Implementing important and big decisions in stages that are consistent with the financial resources and the ability of the teachers’ workers in terms of implementation.
- The decision remains for a reasonable period of time, because if the decision expires after a short period of time, this indicates that the decision is not considered and that the information on which it is based is unrealistic and inaccurate.
- Logical analysis of the problem away from emotional influences.
- The awareness of decision makers in the educational institution of the behavioral dimensions that the decision may leave on the psyche of workers.
- Make the decision that provides the lowest percentage of costs compared to expected returns.
Factors affecting the success of the decision
It is no secret that the individual’s successful decisions bring him happiness, adaptation and success in life, and the success of the individual can be measured by the successful decisions he makes.
- Among the factors that help in reaching appropriate decisions, whether these decisions are personal or administrative, examples of these factors include:
- Objective and practical accuracy in accessing information and gathering data.
- Good implementation of the decision: the success of the decision depends on its good implementation, and the clarity of the draft decision and the elements of its plan are among the factors that help in this implementation.
- Realism and feasibility of the decision.
- Provides time to implement the decision.
- Distributing roles and responsibilities to the persons entrusted with implementing the decision.
- Respect the decision, adhere to it, and follow up its implementation seriously.
Characteristics of a good decision
The characteristics of a good decision can be identified in the following:
- Provide reliable information.
- Clarity of the desired payoff.
- No prejudice to the viewpoints of people or parties without the others.
- To be realistic.
- To take into account the internal and external environmental conditions.
Read also: Decision-making process, The nature and Participation Read also: Importance and functions of decision-making