More and more couples are starting to live together without entering into a formal marriage. This phenomenon in society as supporters, and even opponents. Both these and others give reasons for their positions. Consider coexistence before marriage – pros and cons. There are numerous considerations that can influence the decision to move in together or not. There are benefits and drawbacks of living together before marriage, no matter where you land on the continuum. Let’s break them down, bearing in mind that just because one couple is able to live together before marriage, it doesn’t mean it will work for everyone.
Pros of living together before marriage.
- There is a shared living experience, which is beneficial anyway, even if not with this partner. You can try yourself in a new role as the man or the keeper of the hearth.
- You can feel more mature and independent. This is especially true if the young man (girl) lives with his parents.
- Spouses need to spend more time with each other.
- You can know each other’s habits and tendencies in advance.
- The money spent on housing is saved.
- It is the easiest part, that is, the withdrawal methods are not hampered by legislative and social obstacles.
- Preserving independence
- The ability to make changes in your life with the help of half measures. And given that marriage for many people (even thinking about it) is a very stressful factor, living together before marriage can prepare such a person for a more decisive step – recording relationships.
Downsides of living together before marriage.
- Uncertainty about the family’s future.
- It is easier to lose each other because of small problems.
- The loss of living together is lost and valued, as the conference often happens spontaneously and quickly – when one night is spent, the two of them get together.
- Living with sexual relations before the wedding is condemned as a sin in many religions.
- Other things and property acquired during extra-marital coexistence are the property of the person who acquired them. This means that the oath on the court of this property is difficult. The exception is where the applicant can prove that he has invested in his own money purchase. To do this, you need to maintain some kind of accounting, which will seem strange in the eyes of the partner. Therefore, stamping a marriage registration certificate is a guarantee of financial security in case of separation.
- In the event of the tragic death of one of the spouses, the second may lose the property.
- According to the research of American scientists, spouses who live together before marriage are more likely to split at a later time.
- If the cohabitation continues for more than four years, the probability of the two spouses joining the marriage decreases. In such cases, the opponent of marriage in most cases is a man, since he has everything he wants in addition to a clean passport.
- In cases where the spouses live long to have normal children, the woman often convinces herself and everyone that the stamp about marriage in the passport is absolutely unnecessary.
- When the child is born, the father must follow the adoption procedure, otherwise he does not have any rights of the father.
Obviously, the most important component of this issue is the pair itself, which always determines the pros and cons. And if these spouses want and live together, the form of residency is not decisive.
Meanwhile, any solution to an idea, for example, marriage, is able to spoil relationships, pushing a couple out of the realm of feelings into the realm of the figure. Once again, the failed spouses will disperse, no matter there is a stamp in the passport, or worse, its participants will stay close and spoil each other’s lives.
Read also: Long distance marriage, 5 tips for a long distance marriage Read also: Money and relationships, Here are ways to make the financial relationship more harmonious.